Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Falling for you

Call me heartless, but I cannot help but laugh when people fall/trip. It is something that brings me so much joy that I can't hold it in. Maybe it is the full, raw, and unprocessed face of fear that you are able to see right before the free fall that I find amusing. I can't be certain but I believe that plays a major role. Don't get me wrong, I will ask if the person is OK but that is only after a good hearty laugh. I do not exclude myself from this category either. There have been countless times that I almost fell or completely flopped and had that absolute face of terror, but the difference between me and some others is that I CAN LAUGH. Maybe it's because I am pigeon toed and have grown up falling and tripping, but I feel the only way to handle a mishap like that is to laugh. Because of my pigeon toes and my scarred knees I feel as though I am entitled to laugh at others. Since I have years of experience, I have organized falls into 3 categories:

1) Almost had ya:

  • Definition: A person who almost falls but catches themselves before the embarrassing crash to the floor.
  • Characteristics: Usually are dumbfound that they could have tripped. Look back to see what they could have tripped over. Stomp around like Hulk trying to regain balance. Don't usually laugh about it unless they see someone else laughing at them. Walk away with a look of relief on their face. 
2) Too cool for school:
  • Definition: People who trip or fall but try to play it off cool as if they meant to trip or fall. 
  • Characteristics: Afraid to be embarrassed. Check to see if anyone saw what just happened. They try really hard not to allow the fall to happen, but we all know its going to. Walk away like it doesn't hurt but when they are alone they silently sob and rub their injuries. Sometimes fake an injury as a reason for or from the fall. 
3) Serious Relationship:
  • Definition: People who trip and embrace their fall in all it's glory. 
  • Characteristics: Usually laugh and stay sitting or laying face down on the floor to soak in all the love the floor has for them. Sometimes play hard to get and not allow the fall to happen, but when it does they can't help but feel the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment