Monday, November 11, 2013

A blogger...that's the best you got?

Hello world!!
Thank you to those who are choosing to read this. And for those of you who are being forced to read this ( family and friends) thanks for at least getting this far. Ha.
 I've been called many things in life but a blogger was never one of them (my name is Tia..just to make that clear). I haven't been a person who was ever really into reading blogs let alone writing a blog; the whole blogging thing was never my scene simply because of the simple fact that I thought blogging was for those who enjoyed talking about themselves a little too much. We all have that one person in our group of friends who, no matter what the conversation was about, found a way to make it about them. Oh how we love those friends... -_-. My mind soon changed when I found that I had all these thoughts and ideas stuck in my head but didn't want to express them to friends who really didn't want to hear them. So here I am with a blog. The beauty of it all is that you can choose to read. With the click of a mouse you can shut me up or allow me to speak. I just figure, I've been backhanded by life too many times to not write about it. So here is to the good, the bad, and the ugly. To the ups and the downs. To the life lessons and to the simple experiences. We about to get real personal!

Making friends. When you really think about it, is kind of a weird/funny thing. You meet someone you like and then you just do stuff with them. Out of all the people you could have picked you picked this one person usually based on similarities.  Stranger danger goes out the window and we just assume because they like the same stuff you do it is safe to hang out. The beginning is awkward, you usually lie about yourself and pretend you don't fart or burp or do anything else that would turn this friend away from you. However, there are friendships that you feel like you have known that person for years when you first meet. Sharing deep, personal things come easy and they totally understand you and accept you for who you are.
Sadly, with the day and age we live in it seems that these friendships are dwindling due to the technology we have been ever so blessed with. With all the social media at our fingertips our face-to-face conversations are little to none, and the hours we spend on social media sky rockets. I'll be honest, when I see some of my friends in person I cannot for the life of me remember their name but I could tell you their instagram name. My friends and I joke about going around calling everyone by their instagram names. "Hey Nosepickingbecky!(that's a real name, can't make that up!) I saw you posted a pic collage about that pie eating contest. You threw up all over the judges. That was great!" But when I really think about it, that is what our social media is leading us to. No longer will we take advantage of the opportunity to get to really know someone on a deep personal level, because we will be stuck on the life that they portray over the social media. How lonely of a world we will live in if we allow social media to run our social lives. So here is a challenge, go out and meet new people. Introduce yourself. Sure some will think your weird, some may even walk away, if you're in New York you may even get a dirty glare or a slap to the face. But try something new. You never know who you'll meet. It may just be one of those friendships that feels like you've met years before. Give it a shot.




No comments:

Post a Comment